BottomFeeder 3.6 is out. What's new?
- Added "Newspaper view" to BottomFeeder. Users can view all new items (on feed/folder selection) in an html summary, or limit those summaries to individual feeds via property settings. The view summarizes all items (either all new or all today's) at the appropriate selection level. If there are too many items, a paging view is displayed
- Added remote synchronization. A running Bf can query another Bf via HTTP (on port 8666) for its state of items (read/unread). The local image will be appropriately updated. This may be limited by firewalls, so there is also a file import/export mechanism.
- Improved the "is this item new" algorithm significantly, and decoupled the logic from the size of the feed cache.
- Upgraded the Blog Poster with more wiki markup options
- Added the ability to toggle the spell checker on and off for the poster and for the comment tool
- If you browse a document link inside of Bf, Bf will now prompt you to download the file. Previously, Bf logged an error on such requests
- Image display in the HTML component has received more upgrading. This should be improved in the latest release
- Fixed a bug that prevented "Regenerate Feed" from working
There were also a lot of under the cover fixes as well. If you are running BottomFeeder, you should grab the appropriate baseApp zip file from the download site, and then delete all files in the 'app' directory. That's it; you'll be updated after you unzip. You'll see a new directory with some images; thanks go to Denis Johnson for providing the new BottomFeeder logo! Suggestions and comments welcome - I've got a number of ideas for new things in the app, and I'll be posting on them shortly.