Via CLS, news of an upcoming STUG meeting in NYC - if you missed Smalltalk Solutions, here's a chance to see one of the talks:
Please join us for our second presentation of the month on May 18th.
Speaker: David Buck
ElastoLab is a shrink-wrapped VisualWorks application that allows kids to design their own 2D scenes that incorporate physics elements like particles, springs, and gravity and lets them see their scenes animate in real-time. Originally written in C , it was later completely re-written in Smalltalk.
David will be talking about the development history and the design challenges in writing ElastoLab. The talk will explain:
- how to interface to the Windows sound facilities from Smalltalk
- how to make graphical applications run quickly
- how to package a Smalltalk application for release
- developing help facilities and guided tours
- using the web toolkit to develop a message board on the Internet for ElastoLab.
A CD-ROM of ElastoLab will be available to all attendees.
Date May 18, 2004 Location Suite LLC offices Address 440 9th Avenue, 8th Floor Time 6:30pm to 7:00pm -- Open house Time 7:00to 8:30 pm -- ElastoLab
Take E or C train to 34th (Penn Station) walk to corner of 34th and 8th. Walk up one block to 9th.
RSVP is requested. Please send mail to: email@example.com with subject line of: NYC Smalltalk May 18th, 2004.