Ok campers, these are ideas we came up with - send those cards and letters with your own ideas.
Suggestions for next year:
- Scottsdale, AZ - all in one price, reasonable, great resort
- What about Las Vegas?
- Washington DC Metro area - US politics may be an issue?
- Toronto again?
Other STIC directions
- Getting STIC to show a Smalltalk presence at other shows (Internet World, etc)
- Getting people to give talks at non-ST shows - many are eager for speakers
- Get more content to why Smalltalk, get more Smalltalk bloggers out there
- Get STIC to help out the local Users Groups - help coordinate schedules, presentation topics, etc.
- Start a community blog
- Start a user group news page - scrape it into a feed
- Someone needs to update the cls FAQ. Can the STIC coordinate updating/keeping that info current?
- Also coordinate information on user group locations and coordinators, so as to make that available to vendors and users
- Teach classes and/or work with local xp groups exposing Smalltalk
- Library of canned presentations/content, coordinated by STIC?
- Analyst relations - especially Gartner - private communications very negative - solution will be to get a countervailing opinion from another analyst. Need to find more friendly analysts
- Great discussion about talking to the Python/Ruby community about Smalltalk - not from a competitive standpoint, but as a tool they could be interested in
- Once a year Smalltalk journal? Off cut by 6 months from StS?
Ok gang - We need the community's help. Send your cards and letter