Yes campers, I have spent my entire New Year's day (thus far) in the bowels of BottomFeeder startup code. I didn't have the startup sequence right for environment variables and command line arguments; they were being ignored. So I spent some time testing that out - brief aside here - having an image made that vastly easier for me. I was able tto simulate the runtime easily by having the dev image start up the application on startup, using all the current environment variables and command line arguments. This is relevant to a discussion of image based vs. non image based development that is going on in comp.lang.smalltalk right now. IMNSHO, having an image makes development loads simpler. For a runtime, it's also very nice to have an image - I have diagnosed countless issues in server apps by saving the headless server image in its current state and running that headful in order to see what happened. With a sealed runtime, that's nowhere near as easy. So anyway, back to BottomFeeder - I think I have the startup sequence right now, but I'm still testing to be sure - there will be no DEV builds until I get that sorted out. You can look here to see what I'm working on.